Red Dwarf (series 10)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Red Dwarf series 10|
Logo for the tenth series of Red Dwarf.
|Country of origin
|No. of episodes
||4 October 2012 –
|Home video release|
||19 November 2012
|Blu-ray Disc release
||19 November 2012
|List of Red Dwarf episodes
The tenth series of the British science fiction sitcom Red Dwarf, commenced broadcast on UK television channel Dave from 4 October 2012. It will have six episodes and is the first full series of Red Dwarf since 1999.
Dave announced it had ordered a tenth series of Red Dwarf on 10 April 2011, following the success of Back to Earth and three years of speculation. Dates for filming series X were announced on 11 November 2011, along with confirmation that the series would again be shot at Shepperton Studios in front of an audience. Principal filming began on 16 December 2011 and ended on 27 January 2012, and the cast and crew subsequently returned for six days filming pick ups. On 4 May 2012 Howard Goodall, who had composed music for Red Dwarf from its beginning until series VII, was announced as composer of the score for Red Dwarf X. On 19 June 2012, the post-production process was completed and all 6 episodes were signed off ready for their broadcast in the following Autumn.
The main crew for the series was announced by Broadcast Magazine on 23 August 2012.
- Commissioning editors: Jane Rogerson and Steve North
- Writer/director: Doug Naylor
- Producer: Charles Armitage
- Co-producer: Richard Naylor
- Production Executive: Roopesh Parekh
- Line producer: David Mason
- Executive producers: Doug Naylor and Charles Armitage
- Director of photography: Andy Martin
- Production designer: Michael Ralph
- Make-up designer: Magi Virgina
- Costume designer: Howard Burden
- Post-production supervisor: Jackie Vance
- Miniature DoPs: Peter Talbot and Deane Thrussell
Returning characters and actors
The only announced returning characters and their actors are:
The first trailer for Red Dwarf X was released on 20 July 2012 on Dave's official Facebook page, and is followed by a new teaser released every following Friday until the series premiere. Red Dwarf X began airing on 4 October 2012.
||4 October 2012
||Rimmer receives an SOS distress from a doomed ship commanded by his all-conquering brother, Howard. But Rimmer can't bring himself to save Howard until he's on an equal footing career-wise. He has 15 hours to pass his Astro-Nav exam and become an Officer. The same exam he's already failed 9 times.
- The episode is dedicated to the memory of Jo Howard (Production Manager - Series VII, Line Producer - Series VIII, and Producer - Back to Earth). 
||11 October 2012
||Fathers and Suns
||Every year Lister sends himself a Father's day card to celebrate the fact that he is his own father but when Rimmer points out he's been a lousy father to himself Lister decides to do something about it. Meantime Rimmer and Kryten install a new computer, the beautiful, but lethally logical, Pree (played by Rebecca Blackstone)