From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Black and White is a Big Finish Productions audio
drama based on the long-running British science fiction television
series Doctor Who. As with all Doctor Who
spin-off media, its relationship to the televised serials is
open to interpretation.
The search for the Doctor continues. The Black TARDIS brings Ace
and Aristedes to the setting of the classic, epic, Anglo-Saxon
poem, Beowulf. The White TARDIS brings Hex and Sally to the
same location, but sixteen years later.
- This is the sixth and final story in the Black TARDIS story
- Aristedes was first heard in the 2010 story, Project Destiny,
where she was working for The Forge, just
before its destruction.
- Sally met the Doctor in the 2011 story House of Blue Fire. She also features
in Project: Nirvana, alongside Captain
- The exterior of the TARDIS was rendered white during the events
of the 2009 story, The Angel of Scutari. It remained as
such in the stories, Project: Destiny, A Death in the
Family, Lurkers at Sunlight's Edge and
- Ace and Hex discovered that the Doctor was missing at the start
of the previous story, Protect and Survive.
- The TARDIS with the black exterior was inexplicably seen in a
trilogy of solo Seventh Doctor stories, Robophobia, The Doomsday Quatrain and House
of Blue Fire, which, for the Doctor, take place between
Lurkers at Sunlight's Edge and Protect and Survive.
It is also in Project: Nirvana, which takes place just
before Black and White.
- Aristedes recalls unheard adventures with the Doctor and Sally,
fighting Elder Gods such as The Animus (encountered by
the First Doctor in the television story The Web Planet) and The Great Intelligence (encountered by the
Second Doctor in the television stories
The Abominable Snowmen and
The Web of Fear). She also mentions The
Mi’en Kalarash, which Sally fought in House of Blue Fire.
Ace recalls her encounter with The Celestial Toymaker in the audio
The Magic Mousetrap.
- The Fast Return Switch was used in the 1964 First Doctor
television story, The Edge of Destruction. It has
also featured in Big Finish audios such as Seasons of Fear and Neverland.
- The Doctor is heard in several scenes that take place at other
points in time. He is heard obtaining the Black TARDIS, just after
the events in Alaska in Lurkers at Sunlight's Edge. He is
then heard taking it on its first three trips, (Robophobia,
The Doomsday Quatrain and House of Blue Fire). He is
also heard recruiting Sally, in a scene taken from the end of
House of Blue Fire. And he is heard recruiting Captain
Aristedes, just after House of Blue Fire.